pp100 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Attendency register in a database

I have a similar issue like Guinea in the thread "Link Meeting with roster".I am developing a dabase for our local church.I want to be able to to have an attendency register where i capture the members attendencies at various functions that ocurre in the church.

I have a member table where i capture the details of the members.i would want to have a report that will show me the number of people that attended a particular function on a particular day,the number of males and females that were there and the number of visitors that attended the function(people that are not members of the church in other words their names are not in the church database.

How can i kick off and proceed

thanks

Hi,

you could try the approach discribed in the included diagram. The given structure should enable you to create the report you want.

Note that there is a certain amount redundancy in the table tblServiceAttendance; you could say that if the visitor's name is filled in, the person is a visitor, but I found an added Yes/No field makes querying a lot faster then checking for not null.

pp100 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Ok let me see if i can get some where.will notify

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.