Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are you sure they are duplicates? There are no trailing/leading spaces? Only standard ASCII characters are used (there e.g. no different unicode a's or whatever oher characters - a common problem when data from different websites is copied into database fields or form controls)?

Easiest way to check this: Copy some offending query results into Excel and compare field values from different rows
    Code:
    =(Row1FieldValue = Row2FieldValue)

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    A composite index on 10 fields will prevent users entering exactly the same combination of values in all 10 fields.
    So if you have two records which are identical in 9 of those fields but the tenth field is different, the records are not identical and the composite index will permit both records.

If you want to ensure there are no duplicate values in any individual field then you need to define each field not to allow duplicates

Looking at your field names, I would expect fields such as tracking number might have unique values
    However, surely you would expect repetition in most fields e.g. client code, receivers addresses, account number, date fields etc
    Similarly, invoice number could be repeated if an order is split into more than one delivery

@Arvil
    Not sure I see the point of copying data into Excel to identify duplicates when it can be done easily in Access
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Another option. If this data is being imported from Excel, you could simly just link the Excel file into an Access table. Then, do an unmatched query between this linked table and the table that you want to import the data into (joining on all the fields you want to consider for duplication). Then, do the Append Query from this Unmatched Query (which will only have new, unique records) to the final table.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.