Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    billgyrotech1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Parts List on Parts Requisition Report

Hello,

How can I have the parts listed associated with the AFR # from the AFRs Form and put them on the Parts Requisition Report?

I put a Word table on the Parts Requisition Report to show what I would like there. 2 columns of Qty, Part Number, and PO # to have a maximum of 30 parts.

Thank you very much for your help

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    if you want to put an sequential number in your report put in an unbound control on your subreport. make the control source = 1. Set the RUNNING SUM property to 'over all' or 'over group' depending on how your report is structured.

If you want to have multiple columns. Go to your subreport design view. Go to the PAGE SETUP. Change from PORTRAIT to COLUMNS. Change the number of columns to what you want.

Insert your subreport into your main report, the link should be automatically established.

Set the CAN GROW property of your subreport to NO if it defaults to YES. None of the data in your database appears to be in danger of being too large for the space you have alloted so you should be fine.

Thank you for the reply. I don't know what is unbound control. How do I do that?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    just add a text box to your subreport, the default state in the DESIGN view will say UNBOUND in the text box itself. It will appear blank when you look at your report in print preview unless you change the control source to a formula etc.

rp

Parts List on Parts Requisition Report

Okay I put the subreport on the Parts Requisition Report.

I am only getting one column of each and it doesn't carry over.

What am I doing wrong?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    you did not change the page setup of the subreport. You have to go to the PAGE SETUP tab (as previously mentioned) and change it from PORTRAIT to COLUMNS

I can't seem to get this to work.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    your 'subreport' is actually the subform of AFRs form. the SOURCE OBJECT property of your subreport should be AFRsPartsSubreport

When I changed SOURCE OBJECT to AFRsPartsSubreport the area is blank. I don't think that's correct.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I would delete your current 'subform' control and draw a new one, this time correctly linking it to the correct report. You will also need to change the 'can grow' property because I think the default value is YES

This is so much more trouble than using excel for reports. I need to take a break from this frustration.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I think I know what you're doing. Look at your report in PRINT PREVIEW, not LAYOUT view. the LAYOUT view is useless in my view.

If you've done everything I suggested the way you are viewing the report is the problem, not the report itself.

I would like a simple table of parts with gridlines having 2 columns of each Qty, Part Number, and PO #.

15 rows with gridlines even if there aren't any parts. This seems so difficult to do.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You didn't say you wanted empty cells if items didn't exist. It'd be easy to put boxes around the data you have by using the BORDER STYLE and BORDER COLOR properties. However, creating a static matrix even if you have nothing to display would require something like a temp table or some VBA to populate specific fields on your report at run time. I would also be more clear about what is 'not working' when you post. When you say something like 'that's not right' I am assuming you are having trouble seeing the subreport create a second column when there are enough items to trigger the second column, not that you are not seeing a blank matrix if there are no items in the subtable.

why is it you need an empty matrix. Is it purely a visual thing or do you actually have a business requirement?

It is a visual thing having the matrix.

I am sorry to bother you and I will figure out something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.