ItsRoland is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Can't Change Back Color of Subform Controls

I've got a form with 2 subforms on it. I have bound text boxes on both subforms that have their Back Style property set to 'Transparent'. This works fine until I change the working record, and then they're not transparent anymore.

This is odd, but I figured I could just change the Back Color property to match the form's Back Color and achieve the same effect. However, when I try to change the Back Color of any of these bound text boxes, the color doesn't actually change. No matter what color I set the Back Color property to, it remains a light gray color.

I don't have any code that messes with the Back Color property or the Back Style property of any of my controls, so I know there's nothing strange happening on that end. The issue persists regardless of if I'm changing records through code or navigation buttons, and if I view it through the parent form or open one of the subforms without the parent form.

Let me know if any additional information is needed. I'm pretty lost as to whats causing this so I'm not sure if I'm omitting anything important.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This works fine until I change the working record, and then they're not transparent anymore.
    This is normal behavior and AFAIK, can't be prevented.
    You don't say what view the subform is - kinda important. Datasheet view presents the fewest formatting options. I believe I read about a hack/work around for it but IMHO it's not worth the effort.
    - "doesn't work" doesn't help. Implement changes in copies of your database.
    Iím telling everyone it's good to eat dried grapes. Itís all about raisin awareness.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The Default View property of the subforms and the parent form is 'Single Form'.

Part of this may be normal behavior, but still doesn't explain why I can't change the back color of the text box at all. If I change a Text Box's Back Style property to solid and then change the Back Color to something, i.e. Light Green, it remains light grey. This part of the issue occurs without needing to changing records first, in case that wasn't clear.

If I could change the Back Color of these text boxes to be white (to match the background of the form they're on) then it wouldn't matter if they were transparent or not.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't understand how this could be normal behavior for a Single or Continuous form. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

This happens with only the 2 subforms?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Rather than trying to cover off all the potential properties of forms and controls, maybe you could post a db copy for analysis?

In case you need it
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes, this only happens with the 2 subforms. I haven't been able to replicated the issue with any other subforms.

When I get a free moment I'll get rid of all the sensitive data and put in enough dummy data that the forms will function and post the db.

In the meantime I'm open to any ideas, thanks for the help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.