pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003

Progress Bar

The following shows an example of how to create a progress bar.

Best used while looping through a large recordset or during a lengthy routine where you can increment a counter-type value.

Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Hi Stormy,

I've been looking at your database and generally understand how it works, but I'm curious, when you are setting the color and width of your label to the percent done, how do you keep the the hairline outline, which is the original width on screen at the same time? I'm perplexed.

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Hi Stormy,

I've been looking at your database and generally understand how it works, but I'm curious, when you are setting the color and width of your label to the percent done, how do you keep the the hairline outline, which is the original width on screen at the same time? I'm perplexed.
    If I recall, the function it calls manipulates the width property of box which progresses the bar. When looking at the form design, there is a box which has 0 for width so it looks like a vertical line |. There should also be a text box which shows the % and if a certain %, will change the progress box a different color. You may want to select each control on the form and move each control to a different part of the form so you can see what boxes move in size. I hope that helps.

Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I should have updated this. I did figure it out. I could never fine that 0 width box, but I knew it had to be there. The progress bar works find and is something I will be able to use again down the line.

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.