Using same query with different table

Every month I create an Excel report, then import it into Access. I created queries to pull certain data from that table. Queries work fine until I import the next months report. Every month looks the same except for the number values. When I put the new table in the query and change the table to the new one and run it the numbers are all wrong. If I delete the old table everything disappears from the query grid. Basically what I want to do is run the same query every month on the new table I've imported every month. Please help

You can create a temporary table based on your Excel report. Then create queries from your temporary table. Import your Excel report using Import Text Wizard. Make sure to check option “In the Existing Table” and then select your created temporary table. Next time when you need to import your new Excel report, empty the temporary table and then import your new data to the same temporary table. This allows you to import data as many times as you want without deleting and recreating tables and queries.

Hope this helps,

Vika

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.