majdoc is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2016

Trigger date

Hi

Hopefully a very simple question for those in the know. As a doctor, I have created a database of patients with a variety of questions. Timely follow up of patients is critical but difficult as I have a huge number.

In the database I have created a field called "Trigger_Date". The hope is to use this to list patients who should have had an investigation and needs reviewed. I put a future date in the future into Trigger_Date with a hope to create a query or report which lists all the relevant patients when the current date reaches or exceeds the trigger date. Hope this makes sense. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Select * from <Table Name Here> WHERE [Trigger_Date] between Date()-7 and Date()

this'll give you all your records where the trigger date is 7 days or less from the current date.

I would suggest you maybe reconsider this and just follow up no more than 'x' days after the last contact (or the date the question was generated) and simply have a response date data collection field.

That way you could report on any unanswered question that has not been responded to.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You haven't stated the issue or problem? What you seem to want should not be too hard though.
    Consider calculating this date rather than storing it. If based on another field e.g. WaitPeriod (where the wait period in days could be any number depending on factors such as the patient, treatment, regulations, etc) you can add customized periods to the last visit date and compare to "today". Aside from a date that you enter, there isn't much difference in what you'll be able to get out of either method. That is, either way you can report on x days before or past due. I consider knowing before something is overdue to often be of more value than knowing only when it's overdue.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Further to the advice offered by rpeare and micron, it would be helpful to you and readers if you could describe this with a little more detail without impacting patient privacy etc.
    As a doctor, I have created a database of patients with a variety of questions. Timely follow up of patients is critical but difficult as I have a huge number.
    You may want to think/list the questions to be asked in such followups. Or categorize the subjects for followup?
    There may be a need to update/edit existing data for a patient or group of patients with same issue/category of issue?

Good luck

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.