tetley44 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Auto Filling columns in a Form

Hi there

I am having a little bit of trouble working out the best option to use for entering asset numbers into a database daily, and have the asset number auto fill the asset details into the other columns of a form.

I have been trawling the web watching videos etc, but unfortunately to no avail. was hoping someone out there with the experience could answer or assist with my issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cylinder fills form.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	38436Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cylinder Info.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	38437
    I would like to enter the Asset Number in either manually then hit enter or by barcode reader set up for entering on click. from there i need the cylinder number to populate the form and the test date from the cylinder information table.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Darren

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    that looks like a hodge podge of images you've stuck together, which doesn't really help. Almost looks like you're entering data in tables. What would be better is an explanation of what you have (form-wise, table-wise, etc.) and the process you're following rather than an explanation of what doesn't work. Things like "there is only 1 cylinder per asset" and "choosing an asset from combo on main form..." (as opposed to I'd like to enter (where? how?), "I only use macros/can use code" are important and make it easier and faster for us to help you.

It ought to be as simple as getting that 1 to 1 information (if that's what it is) using a combo AfterUpdate event if that's the input method. If you've been researching and can't find something that works, then there could be something about your setup that's an issue, because this is a commonly asked question. Hopefully you have not created multi value fields or lookup fields in your table(s). These can make such tasks all the more difficult.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.