June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Property Sheet shows when form in Datasheet view

For any new forms set with default Datasheet view, the PropertySheet shows when form opens. This did not use to happen and does not happen with older established forms. Any idea how to prevent this? I haven't been able to find any setting for this.

I copied older form and changed RecordSource, deleted the annoying form, renamed the new copy - no more PropertySheet. Still don't know why the difference.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Just tested a new datasheet form in A2010 and it doesn't happen for me. Which version were you using?
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

June7 is offline VIP
    Access 2010 ver 14.0.7208.5000 (32-bit)

Tested another database and same thing happens.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have 14.0.7232.5000 32-bit.
    Also tested on two different databases without seeing your issue
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

June7 is offline VIP
    I know, this is so weird. Only thing that recently happened that might be relevant is a db got corrupted. Apparently I managed to save db with a procedure that had the same name as module (yes, I knew better) and module would no longer open and error message indicated naming conflict. I did a recovery on that db and lost that entire module. After that, I noticed this new issue. Don't recall it happening before that incident. I will try rebooting computer to see if that helps.

Well, restarting computer did not resolve. A new form in Datasheet view has the Property Sheet sitting on top of it. Very annoying.

I guess only thing left is to reinstall Access. Maybe someday.
    Last edited by June7; 04-13-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Just created a brand new database in A2010 and thought I'd test this again.
    Created a data sheet form using the wizard and the property sheet appeared the first time I opened the form.
    I closed and reopened the form. It didn't reappear.
    I then created another datasheet form. This time no property sheet.

I started again on another new database. This time I viewed the data sheet form in design view before opening normally. No property sheet this time.
    Additional data sheet forms also had no property sheet displayed.

So its just the very first form made and only the first time opened (if at all)

June7 is offline VIP
    It happens for me for every new form every time opened. Doesn't matter if form built with Form, FormDesign, BlankForm, FormWizard. Design View first or not. Old db or existing doesn't matter.

In that situation, if it were me, I'd do an Office repair at this point.
    Does it happen if your form is single or continuous instead?

June7 is offline VIP
    Nope, only Datasheet view.

Yes, my next step is Office/Access repair maybe someday. I can live with as is, just bizarre.

For various reasons I needed to try different Access versions for a different purpose
    So I tested this scenario again in A365(2019), A2007 & finally A2003

In EACH case, the first time a datasheet form is opened in a new database the property sheet is shown
    If the form is closed without closing the property sheet, the same occurs the next time.
    However if the property sheet is closed first, reopening that or any future form does not cause the property sheet to display again

Whilst in design view, I then clicked Add Existing Fields to show the field list window.
    Closing the form without first closing the field list causes it to reappear each time.
    Closing the field list first, stops it reappearing

Hope that helps
    Last edited by isladogs; 04-16-2019 at 12:28 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Nope, already tried all that.

Closing the Properties Sheet means it doesn't open with any form in any view until you activate the sheet again. Which puts me right back into the problem situation. New forms in Datasheet and the Sheet overlays. Any form in Continuous or Single view and older Datasheet, the Sheet does not overlay. I can copy old Datasheet form and edit and it behaves properly.

I open old and new Datasheet forms same time and switch between them. The Sheet disappears for the old and reappears for the new.

So I will repair Office/Access someday.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.