JRodko is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Excel Power Query not working on Access query but does work on table.

Sorry about the poorly worded title. I don't really know how better to explain it. I have a query in my database that compares results from a couple different tables and has 20 something columns.

When I try to bring the result into Excel by doing a Power Query within excel, it keeps telling me the table is blank but the column headers are correct. The query works fine in Access. There are some blank fields in the data which are expected.

When I change the Access query to make table and then bring that table in via Power Query from excel, everything works fine.

Is there a limit to the extent of an query I can bring in via excel that doesn't apply to tables? I'm not really sure how to get around this error other than make a new table from the database and then refresh the excel file.

I can post the SQL statement but I'd rather share it privately and it's pretty extensive.

Thanks.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Suggest you apply PowerQuery on the original table or your make table query exported to Excel ...not your select query.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

JRodko is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi isladogs,

Thank you for the prompt response. Of course after some more fooling around I realized I have a like statement in one of my fields and for whatever reason that's keeping everything from working as it should. It's kind of an important like statement so I'm going to see if I can make it work in Excel instead of Access.

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.