help!! is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Changing a control button on a form from invisible to visible based on message box from another form

In Access 2010 I have a form with a picture of multiple pumps on it. I have made multiple transparent control buttons so you click on the pump to open another form with all the information listed. On this form I have a Notes box where you can indicate problems with the pump. What I need is the Control Button to become visible if the Notes box has been filled out. I have spent multiple days trying to figure this out please help! Thanks in advance.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You could simply use a DLookup, looking for the existence of a note for the pump id, and show the button if anything is found. Or if it would be more conducive, you could try to open a recordset and show the button if the recordset count is > 1. Which form event to use depends on how your form operates. If single record with navigation controls, then perhaps the form Current event.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

help!! is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks for your reply. I'm new to writing code in access but your first idea looks great. How would you write this code? The table is pumps, form is pumpsf , ID # 12 with a Note that could indicate anything in the field. The other form is main with the command14 button.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.