SteveApa is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Access with Sharepoint lists linking & renaming and keeping relationships to userinfo

Hi.

Thanks for reading.

I am creating an access db to link to multiple sharepoint lists on multiple sharepoint sites. I build the links in VB. I want to manage all of the lists thru access instead of going to each url to edit the data in the lists.

I loop thru an sql server table to get the project numbers & urls of the lists... each project has it's own site / sharepoint lists. All of the different lists, on the different sharepoint sites, have the same names.. Risks & Issues & userinfo. Based on the project #, I link the lists and rename them (concatenating "_Risk" or "_Issue"). When I link the Risks list, userinfo automatically pops in as a linked list in access. I rename the Userinfo... that is where i think my problem is. I think that by renaming it, the 'lookups' in the risks and issues lists gets broken. If I try to open the userinfo list, sometimes it shows #deleted#.

1) do I delete the userinfo table when it automatically gets linked by linking the risks list? Then manually link the userinfo list and rename it during the linking?
    2) how do I keep the lookups from teh risks / issues lists to the userinfo list?

code to link tables based on looping thru project numbers / url associated. In the code below, I pass the new table name... example PRJ-00090111 is passed as PRJ-00090111_Risks & PRJ-00090111_Issues.

Code:
    Public Sub Link_New_Issues_Risks_Tables(url As String, table_name As String)    
        DoCmd.TransferSharePointList acLinkSharePointList, url, "Risks", , table_name & "_Risks"
        DoCmd.Rename table_name & "_UserInfo", acTable, "UserInfo" ' userinfo list gets automatically linked after I link the risks list, so I rename it
        DoCmd.TransferSharePointList acLinkSharePointList, url, "Issues", , table_name & "_Issues"

End Sub
    Thanks.
    Steve

SteveApa is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I just did a little test... userinfo data is #deleted# even before I rename it. It must be renameing the 1st table (risks) that causes the issue??

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.