WCStarks is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

I Access messed up?

I have a database which, among other things keeps a history of status changes of assets. Assets is the parent and Assets_Trans is the child. As I attempted to add new statuses today, they disappear from the sub-form, after the sub-form is refreshed. No new statuses added today will display in the sub-form after the sub-form has refreshed, or if I return to the same asset.

I had added new asset transactions (Statuses) as late as 2/12/19, and when I go to those assets in the main form, all these status records and earlier status records display properly in the sub-form.

When I checked the table directly today, I find that all the new statuses I created today, did in fact, get created and linked to their assets. But no asset statuses that I add now, will display in the sub-form, while all the statuses I added earlier, do display.

I had not modified this main form or sub-form. I tried repairing the db with the "Compact and Repair" feature, but that had no affect. I went back to earlier backup copies of the db, testing several earlier in February and in January, and found the same behavior.

This issue seems to be related to Access itself and not to the db. I see Office 365 ProPlus shows an Install date for today, 2/26/2019. It would appear something happened to Access with this new update.

I just talked to Office Support explaining the issue. I tried fixing the Office products and it did not change the behavior. All he wants to do is help me find a MS Partner.

Any Ideas?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I too have had these forms misbehave. The form works, then it doesn't.
    I rebuilt it from scratch and that seemed to help.
    But I never found a reason why the old one works 1 day, and not another.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.