c.d.power is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

REPORTS: Creating a Report Template

Greetings!

First post here so bear with me..

I am creating a database with many different reports. My desire is for all of them to share specific formatting which is different from the default formatting Access spits out.

For the heading, I would like each report to have a certain back color, fore color, font and text boxes which are linked to a date range.

For the Detail section, I would like them to have a specific alternate row color.

I'm not opposed to creating a template, copying it, and building my reports based on it. However, when adding existing fields from my tables, it becomes just as much of a headache to arrange them properly in Tabular format.

I've attached a PDF file of the ideal formatting for reference.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    As far as I know, all those properties you mention can be modified in report design. And yes, arranging and formatting controls can be a tedious exercise. So exactly what is the issue?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for replying. As you said, formatting reports over and over again can be a tedious process (especially when dealing with a lot of reports), though all of it is fairly simple to do with the tools provided in Access. My hope is that there is some way to apply an already developed format to other reports and work around all the tedious steps. It sounds like that isn’t possible, though.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You can copy/paste an entire report then modify what needs to be changed for new report or copy/paste selected controls.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Got it, thanks for the advice. It didn’t occur to me before that I can change the source for the fields on the forms rather than deleting fields and adding existing fields. So I suppose, in a way, I could create a template with extra fields so that I can change sources and remove fields as necessary. Thanks again for talking me through it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.