I have a question but I'm not sure how to ask it...

How do you get data recorded in a table from a form when the form has a caculation in the field? Example: In disign view of the form, on the controll source line of the properties of this field is a formula that calculates other entries on the same form. In the form view, the data is shown, but if you go to the table and open it all the data that is key entered on the form is recorded in its field... but the field where the calculation should have recorded its data is empty. How do I get that automatic entry from that form to this table?

jya is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    First off, it is generally not recommended to put a calculated number in a table as they can be generated when needed on either a form or report and will take up more space in the database.

A field on a form can either be bound to a field in a table or query or it can be a calculated field based off of values from other fields, but it cannot be both as far as I know.

I would imagine that you would need to run an Update SQL query to enter the data into a table whenver the calculated field value changes. Depending on what you are trying to do, this is probably not necessary.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.