RoryAdamson is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Question Two way link task sheet - Excel/Access

Currently at work I am trying to create a task sheet system. I work in a small/medium scale residential construction company.

Basically for each job there will be a Excel Master sheet with a variety of tasks for several different people, from this I'm looking to create a task sheet specific to each person. I would like to be able to add a task on the Master sheet and it appear on the respective person's page. As well as this, if the person makes a note on their personal sheet then it would link back to the Master.

However the complicated part is that there is constantly multiple job's with their own Master sheet and I want each of these to contribute to the persons overall task list.

Could anyone please suggest how I go about this? I have some experience with Excel VBA but am pretty new to Access.

I understand that I likely need to link each Job Excel Master Sheet to an Access Database and then somehow distribute these out to each individual task sheets. However I am struggling to understand how it would be possible add a task to the Master, which would be assigned to a person. This task would then appear on that persons sheet where they can add notes to it or mark it as complete and this would reflect back to the Master for that Job.

Hopefully I have been relatively clear and haven't repeated myself too much.

Any help would be great!

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You would run everything in Access,
    then export excel sheets to individuals.
    (not maintain 2 separate databases)
    but do import the excel changes.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.