Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I read Arvil's previous post and re-read your post#7 (several times) - and I have more questions about the process.

You (Lab 2) receive 1 or more samples from a drill hole and do an analysis of each sample. You (someone from Lab 2) enter the results into an Excel workbook.
    Q: Who enters in the data from Lab 1 (or how do the results from Lab 1 get entered into your spreadsheet)?

You said Lab 1 has 2 worksheets and Lab 2 has 1.
    Q:Are they in the same workbook? Or in the same sheet?

You said:
    We are at a mining company located across different sites, me being the manager of lab2
    Q: I am guessing Lab 1 and Lab 2 are not anywhere close together and you would be connected across a WAN?
    Does Lab 2 had access to Lab1 spreadsheets?

Then there is Geology.
    Q: Is the lab results exported to a CSV file or does Geology have access to Lab 1 and Lab 2 spreadsheets?

Trying to understand the relationships between Lab 1, Lab 2 and Geology.

So their database is Maxwell, which is SQL back end,
    From what I found, it looks like Maxwell uses MySQL as their BE.
    Maxwell seems to be a FE designed for the exploration and mining world. (maxgeo.com)

EJ_ is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Sorry for the slow reply, I'd sort of given up, but I can answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    You (Lab 2) receive 1 or more samples from a drill hole and do an analysis of each sample. You (someone from Lab 2) enter the results into an Excel workbook.
    Q: Who enters in the data from Lab 1 (or how do the results from Lab 1 get entered into your spreadsheet)?
    At Lab 2, they need to put the data into excel first because their results have to be calculated. Density for instance is calculated from the dry and wet sample weights. These are written on a pad (grrrr...) and transferred into excel, checked for errors then copy/pasted over to the main spreadsheet. Up here in Lab 1 we copy data straight from the instrument.

You said Lab 1 has 2 worksheets and Lab 2 has 1.
    Q:Are they in the same workbook? Or in the same sheet?
    Lab 1 has their paper pad>excel calculation sheets. They have 2 spreadsheets, one for density and the other for DTR and Fe.

Q: I am guessing Lab 1 and Lab 2 are not anywhere close together and you would be connected across a WAN?
    Does Lab 2 had access to Lab1 spreadsheets?
    Yeah, they are at the mine which is a few hrs away, I'm at the processing facility. Both labs have access to all lab data.

Then there is Geology.
    Q: Is the lab results exported to a CSV file or does Geology have access to Lab 1 and Lab 2 spreadsheets?
    That's the problem. Geology have access to our main lab spreadsheet (not Lab 1's calculation sheets. Well, they would do if they knew where it was but they don't). What they were doing at the start was copying and pasting into - something, I have no idea - and putting it into their database. My current fix has been a VBA button to generate a CSV for direct import to their database, but my coding skills aren't very advanced and I'm still fixing it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.