maintt is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Memo Field

Dear All

I need help, My boss wants to be able to have a form with many Text Boxes on, the purpose of the text box is each one will be a question 25 in all and the administrator will type the answer to each question in the text box, the answers to the questions may change in the future, so need the form to be able to be edited, can anyone please explain how to set this up in the most simple terms, from table to query to form and report, sorry it's long winded but struggling with this.

Maintt

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    well it is simple enough to have 25 fields in a table. Not sure how long winded each answer is .....

not sure if one really needs the text of the question or just the text of the answer. The answer will be typed into an empty field....the question itself is typically embedded in the form and requires the admin to change....

not clear what you actually need.

maintt is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Memo Field

hi ntc

I have a form which has the boxes on, when I type the text into the memo field and then leave the form when completed, when I go back to the form the text is no longer there, my form is based on a table which has memo format, I can't seem to figure it out.

Maintt

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    the only reason that a bound form does not write to the underlying table is if the record is perceived as 'dirty' when the form closes. 'dirty' means that the record is opened and incomplete....you will see the pencil icon to the left of the record....to avoid this just be sure to tab thru the entire record.

one will not see data if a form's property is AddNew - meaning that it is always designed to open to a new blank record....if the record selectors are available at the bottom of the screen then you should be able to click backwards to see other records.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.