itsmemike is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

unable to add new record

I have created a database using the tab control to give me extra pages. Everything seemed to be working OK until I wanted to add a new record. I got a message "field can not be updated" I went to help to find out why and got the following;
    Possible causes:

You tried to update a field in a record or table that is currently locked by another user. Wait for the other user to finish working with the record or table, and then try the operation again.
    In Microsoft Access, you tried to change the value of a control whose Locked property is set to Yes.

I am the only one using the database and can not find any field that is set to "locked". The database is ready to use but I need to solve this problem, any ideas what to do.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    tabs are a feature in forms to help organize the screen appearance. it probably is not relevant to your issue here, and only coincidental.

A form/field may not be updateable if its underlying record source (query) is not updateable. A query may not be updateable if its join properties do not establish an exact relationship (this is a topic unto itself).

A form/field my not be updateable if the properties of that form do not permit edits, additions, deletions - or if the specific field is locked.

itsmemike is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks for your help, I have not used a query the info comes from a table. I have looked at the field properties and can not find any field that is locked, it seems to happen which ever field i use on the form. i will look to see if anywhere does not allow editing.

Thanks again, any other ideas you have would be a help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.