Sjaalaf is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Design Flaw in my database

Good morning,
    I have been trying to get my small database to work but after weeks of trying to get it working the same problem keeps popping up. If you look at the first image u see that In TblEnkelvoudig an ArtId consist of a HlfId. And on their turn an HlfId consists of GrondstofId. For example ArtId xxxx consists out of 100% HlfId xxxx and Hlfid consists out of grondstofId xxxx.

Now in this does not lie the problem. The problem starts when I have my table with recipes (image 2). There is an maximum of 9 HlfId per ArtId. The recipes have to validate the HlfId’s in the TblHalffabrikaten. So in the TblSamengesteld Hlfab1 looks up the HlfId in the TblHalffabrikaten. The problem is when I query the Table it only shows the Id of Hlfab1 on every field. And that while Access duplicates my TblHalffabrikaten to have unique lookupfields. I don’t know what I am doing wrong anymore. And I’m about to give up on my project. I’m really looking for an direction I have to go. Maybe the whole design is impossible. But I’d really could use some help so that I can resolve the problem I’m having for the last 3 months

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	36755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	36754
    Ps I made the TblSamengesteld smaller it goes until Hlfab 10

With kind regards,

Henk-Jan

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Multiple similar name fields (Hlfab1, Hlfab2, etc) indicates a non-normalized data structure. Normalizing would mean another related table were each HlfID selected would be a separate record.

Don't really understand "The problem is when I query the Table it only shows the Id of Hlfab1 on every field." - post the query SQL.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.