davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Lottery - Power Ball and Mega Millions pick evaluator with historical draw data

Access Power Ball and Mega Millions lottery DB. It will let you enter the draw numbers and your pick numbers, then do a match analysis to show your results.
    I found a lot of Excel solutions on-line for this, but nothing for Access, so I took it on, and here's the results.
    If you want to do historical analysis, the Mega Millions history goes back to mid 2002, and the Power Ball back to 2010.
    The first few records shown in the forms are test picks to demonstrate the program. You can delete all the data from the two tblMYMMpicks and tblMyPBpicks to get a fresh start or just overwrite with you own picks...
    I haven't played much lotto, so I don't know how useful this might be to a dedicated player. I'll entertain suggestions for enhancements. To find revisions, always scroll down the thread. If bugs found, report them here and I'll do my best to correct the code. Fixing bugs will take precedence over providing enhancements.
    Use at your own risk. The author assumes no responsibility for errors that might cause a user to miss a winning pick. Always manually check your tickets against the official draw numbers.

Lottery-davegri-v01.zip
    Last edited by davegri; 12-25-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: explain existing picks data

Windows 10 Access 2016
    In version 1 above, released 12/25/18, the draw history tables went back a considerable number of years. I had assumed that a user might want to do some analysis and 'what-if' scenarions on that data with current picks. It turns out that the range of allowable draw numbers and the allowable mega ball or power ball maximum values have changed several times during those years. That would make statistical analysis based on current pick numbers invalid.
    So, as a result, the new version of the program will include past draw number history going back only to the date of the current rules.
    For Power Ball, that would be 10/07/15.
    For Mega Millions it would be 10/28/17.
    Other than that, other changes are minor and aesthetic.
    Attached is version 02.
    Lottery-davegri-v02.zip

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Added a bit more data entry validation. Also all draw and pick fields require 2 digit data entry. Auto tab to next field when 2nd digit entered. Draw data same as v02.
    Lottery-davegri-v03.zip

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    so how successful a predictor has it been -are you making a profit?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    so how successful a predictor has it been -are you making a profit?
    Still straining for that first Jackpot.
    But really, using the program myself for prediction never entered my mind. I just found it a pain to visually scan 50 rows of picks against the draw, looking for matches, even though I only buy tickets 3 or 4 times a year when the jackpots are BIG. So I wrote the program finding it easy to enter the numbers and let the computer find the matches (if any ). Last Wednesday $50 got me $4. And I found out really fast that I lost $46.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    sorry - thought the idea was to predict likely numbers.

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Tonight's Power Ball near a half billion $. Don't get lost in your coding and forget to go get tickets.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.