Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posted new post but now I cannot find it...

Greetings,
    I posted a general concern about a Project Management Database System that I am creating but have come to a dead-end on determining what to do next. I wanted someone to tell me how I could get an open view of what they thought I was doing, and guide me into a direction that could help me break down my concerns into usable questions that can me handled and resolved as I move through my development. My concerns are multiple and very spread out into many different sections within many different skill sets, but all are Access concerns and problems that I wanted to resolve so that I can move on into a better working database system.

Please forgive me if I am still not clear.

I have created a video that will give you a better understanding what I am trying to do. Please review my video and lead me into a more clear and workable database system.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKP4...wxUfeP&index=1
    Last edited by shephardfamilyenterprise; 12-13-2018 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Wanted to give a better view of what I need assistance in.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    It was moderated, now approved:

https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...74848&p=416361

It might be more productive if you ask a specific question in this or the other thread. It's less likely somebody will take the time to watch a video just to hear what the question is. Not saying nobody will, but many of us squeeze our time here in between work and such, so have less time to watch a video.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Within 2 minutes, "come on over to my site and purchase something". The link is to a 24 minute video, part 1. The video seems to be promoting a project management database that is "customizable" by the OP and is for sale, yet not quite finished. After 4 minutes, there certainly doesn't seem to be an Access problem that belongs in this forum.
    I can't help but wonder why this thread was approved. As I type, it's at the 8 minute mark and still no problem - just features on how it works.
    Nuff said.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Project Management Database System Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Within 2 minutes, "come on over to my site and purchase something". The link is to a 24 minute video, part 1. The video seems to be promoting a project management database that is "customizable" by the OP and is for sale, yet not quite finished. After 4 minutes, there certainly doesn't seem to be an Access problem that belongs in this forum.
    I can't help but wonder why this thread was approved. As I type, it's at the 8 minute mark and still no problem - just features on how it works.
    Nuff said.
    Thank you for the information. The reason I wanted the professionals within this forum to glance through the video sets so that an idea can be visualized. The Project Management Database System is only a prototype and not for sale at this time. I really need guide through the modification of this database and the coding. There are many questions I wanted to display but first wanted to get an idea how I can code the form to pull data and modify data with the VB code.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Normally we use forms bound to the table, which basically requires no code. Using an unbound form and code to manipulate the data is a lot more work. I'd guess all of the experienced developers here have done it, but it's not trivial.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Thank you for the updated information. If you have viewed the training video I have displayed all the information contained within it up to a point where I am stuck at the calculations to add totals. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomerAccountApproval_Credit_01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	36579Credit Amount for Funded Customers:
    Customer Credit Amount:
    Available Credit Amount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Client Explaination Of Cost.jpg 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	36580 Accounting Customer/Client Explanation Of Costs_01:
    Project Total Cost:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Client Explaination Of Cost_02.jpg 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	36581 Accounting Customer/Client Explanation Of Costs_02:
    Task 1 Item 1 Current Cost:
    Task 1 Item 1 Total Cost Adjustments:
    Task 1 Item 1 New Cost:
    Task 1 Item 1 Total Cost:
    from the above examples I want to automate a running total so that the Project Manager can review cost and match them up with the work being worked. My calculations are all delayed which may cause so concerns when the UPDATE button is click so that any modifications are completed.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Are tasks/items fields or records in a related table? Normally it would be the second, and you'd simply sum them up to see the total. Rather than a button you can probably use the after update event of amount fields to update the total. Can you attach the db here, or at least describe the table structure?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Further to Paul's comments, you are showing some proposed forms. This is good for testing/vetting the user interface. But more critical to database generally are the tables and relationships where the data are stored. The forms act as the "users' window" to those tables and their data. So, seeing a picture of the tables and how they are related to each other would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Are tasks/items fields or records in a related table? Normally it would be the second, and you'd simply sum them up to see the total. Rather than a button you can probably use the after update event of amount fields to update the total. Can you attach the db here, or at least describe the table structure?
    How can I do this, attach the database? I have written a detailed functional document that can be viewed so that you can gain a better idea of what I my intentions are.

Post 04 - Account Funding - Approvals and Adjustments

Windows XP Access 2007
    I haven't read the entire 23 and 12 page documents, but I suspect they're better suited to a customer or a developer who is getting involved in the project full time. I asked for the database itself, or at least the table structure. This site works best when you have a specific problem and provide focused information regarding that problem. I can't say why your calculations aren't working without seeing how you're doing it.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

zip file of database failed:

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I haven't read the entire 23 and 12 page documents, but I suspect they're better suited to a customer or a developer who is getting involved in the project full time. I asked for the database itself, or at least the table structure. This site works best when you have a specific problem and provide focused information regarding that problem. I can't say why your calculations aren't working without seeing how you're doing it.
    I tried to include the database in a zip file but is failed. What is the max upload to this thread?

Windows XP Access 2007
    A zip file can be up to 2MB.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

This one is 51,400kb. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. 6.27 Megabytes, what can I do to reduce it? Or can I give you access via my OneDrive?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Typically if you do a compact/repair and then zip, it's under 2MB. If it's still too big, you can email it to me:

pbaldy
    gmail
    com
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.