Post PROJECT MANAGEMENT DATABASE SYSTEM (PMDS) Construction

Greetings,

My name is Nicholas Shephard CEO and President of the Shephard Family Enterprise LLC - Business Administration and Information Systems Consultants. I have created this company in hopes to obtaining a customer base for single business owners and small business owners in search of a tool to create new customer contacts and create project baselines with costs.

I have created a module that displays multiples actions and created macros and queries to trigger actions based on what the Project Manager needs to effectively track costs and activities performed during a give time frame which I call Phases. There are 5 Phases and 8 Tasks maintained within each Phase. Although, all Phases may not be needed or all Tasks, I have created them so that if the Project expands beyond the initial scope it can be added and billed accordingly.

You can get a full idea of what I am trying to do at the link below. There are 4 training modules instructions that I have created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKP4...FYPeqbVBwxUfeP

I need major help in trying to create this system which is a prototype and functions okay but need major improvements to be rolled-out to my customers. The first thing is the queries that will calculate totals and deduct adjustments when cost are reduced or increased.

I will provide more questions or ask more questions how I can start the programming to make this database more professional and robust.

Let me know what you think and I will start distributing my coding questions as suggestions are raised.

Thank you.

Post PROJECT MANAGEMENT DATABASE SYSTEM (PMDS) - TRAINING LEVELs

Quote Originally Posted by shephardfamilyenterprise View Post
    Greetings,
    My name is Nicholas Shephard CEO and President of the Shephard Family Enterprise LLC - Business Administration and Information Systems Consultants. I have created this company in hopes to obtaining a customer base for single business owners and small business owners in search of a tool to create new customer contacts and create project baselines with costs.

I have created a module that displays multiples actions and created macros and queries to trigger actions based on what the Project Manager needs to effectively track costs and activities performed during a give time frame which I call Phases. There are 5 Phases and 8 Tasks maintained within each Phase. Although, all Phases may not be needed or all Tasks, I have created them so that if the Project expands beyond the initial scope it can be added and billed accordingly.

You can get a full idea of what I am trying to do at the link below. There are 4 training modules instructions that I have created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWE...wxUfeP&index=2

I need major help in trying to create this system which is a prototype and functions okay but need major improvements to be rolled-out to my customers. The first thing is the queries that will calculate totals and deduct adjustments when cost are reduced or increased.

I will provide more questions or ask more questions how I can start the programming to make this database more professional and robust.

Let me know what you think and I will start distributing my coding questions as suggestions are raised.

Thank you.
    created this company in hopes to obtaining a customer base for single business owners and small business owners in search of a tool to create new customer contacts and create project baselines with costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWE...wxUfeP&index=2

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Hi
    You would get more feedback if you can sketch out what you are trying to do in a word document, rather than expect someone to trawl through a You Tube presentation.
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Thanks, it is just I have been working on this project for such a long time that I just want a solution. I will try to break down each need and document it then post a description of what is in need by step.

Again, thank you.\

Hi
    It might be easier if you can upload a zipped copy of your database?
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Blings is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hello Mike,

I think this chap found a YouTube video of a database application that he/she is trying to replicate.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.