DeeCee is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Datasheet formatting

Where does the formatting for datasheets come from? Attached a pic of 2 sub-form datasheets on a form. How do I get the lower one to look like the top one? It's an old Access 2.0 db now happily working in 365

CheersClick image for larger version. 

Name:	form formatting.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	36320

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    There are default datasheet font formats available in the Access > Options > Datasheet but I believe they're restricted to weight and size. A datasheet form's controls have font properties. Compare the 2 forms in design view by selecting a control and viewing the properties of the controls. You should find that they have different settings.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

DeeCee is offline Novice
    Cheers. The font properties don't seem to affect datasheet view. It does in form view. And yes the options are limited to weight and size.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    There are default datasheet font formats available in the Access > Options > Datasheet but I believe they're restricted to weight and size. A datasheet form's controls have font properties. Compare the 2 forms in design view by selecting a control and viewing the properties of the controls. You should find that they have different settings.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    For 2016, when the form is in form view (datasheet, not design) you should see a 'datasheet' tab on your ribbon. It may not appear until you make the form active by clicking on it. The tab will show themes, font style and colour options. Changing them will alter the view on the datasheet. I suppose this will affect only the current sheet but it would be nice if you could let us know.

DeeCee is offline Novice
    Hmm, I see. That seems to change everything, except the font on the old Access 2.0 datasheets. I can change the colours, but not the font. The datasheets are subforms, they need to be opened on their own to modify. I'll keep playing. Thanks

For 2016, when the form is in form view (datasheet, not design) you should see a 'datasheet' tab on your ribbon. It may not appear until you make the form active by clicking on it. The tab will show themes, font style and colour options. Changing them will alter the view on the datasheet. I suppose this will affect only the current sheet but it would be nice if you could let us know.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Strange. I can change the font type of a subform datasheet when in main form view.

DeeCee is offline Novice
    Ah yes you're right it does! Selecting a different font changes everything on the form, control buttons etc, except for the subforms that were Access 2.0. New subforms I've created change with everything else.

Strange. I can change the font type of a subform datasheet when in main form view.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.