Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Theme or color gone

We are two developers sometimes working on the same database. I assume Access never allows more than one person to open any two separate objects in design when we are connected over a network. We copy that DB on each hard drive and then at the end of the task copy them back again. As can be seen on the attachments, the forms looses its color only on the "Command Buttons" when we copy forms from one DB to another. It creates a lot of work to each time having to add the color back.

Two questions.
    1. Is it a fact that two people can not design on the database at the same time?
    2. Is there a way to copy a form from one DB to another and not loose the color on the Command Buttons.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	36300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ColorGone.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	36301

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    1. Is it a fact that two people can not design on the database at the same time?
    yes - but I presume you mean the front end application not the back end database. The ACE database does not allow two users to modify table design at the same time, but other databases do.
    2. Is there a way to copy a form from one DB to another and not loose the color on the Command Buttons
    shouldn't happen (subject to each user using different themes) so implies your db has a corruption

So far as I am aware there is no easy way to be able to work collaboratively effectively except where only one developer is developing at a time. You could perhaps have multiple front ends, or maintain properties in a table so you are only making changes to data, not the design.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Thank you. As you can see on the images the Labels kept its color, but only the command buttons not. We never experienced viruses or other corruptions. My logic is not coming through to believe it may be a corruption. I don't know ACE database or what you mean. Hope my writing can be understood. If there is a way my partner can work on the same database but a different table, query or form, whilst I work in the same database but also on a different object on network, it will be great. I have read enough to assume that up to 250 users can work on the same database adding and changing data, not developing. If the clear answer is NO for two developers on the same DB but different objects, then we forget about it. If it is maybe we search on for the way. If yes, we want to know.

Ruben comment maybe I use words that lack. If he copy the Same DB in the morning to his hard drive and work on a different form than me. When finish he copy it back, then the colors on the Command Buttons is gone?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    don't know ACE database or what you mean.
    ACE is the database that comes free with Access - you could use SQL Server or other rdbms instead if you wished (SQL Server express is also free).

If there is a way my partner can work on the same database but a different table, query or form, whilst I work in the same database but also on a different object on network
    as already stated, not possible

I have read enough to assume that up to 250 users can work on the same database adding and changing data, not developing.
    that is OK because they are working with data in the database (i.e. ACE), not the design

Ruben comment maybe I use words that lack. If he copy the Same DB in the morning to his hard drive and work on a different form than me. When finish he copy it back, then the colors on the Command Buttons is gone?
    As previously stated, sounds like corruption to me.

We never experienced viruses or other corruptions.
    corruption can occur in the backend or the front end. It can be insidious, i.e. creep up on you with small little issues that make you think you forgot to do something, or something stops working or does not work as you expect. Then suddenly it becomes full blown and the only solution is to revert to a backup. Or it can just go bang without warning. Your symptoms are indicative of early corruption - probably caused by your method of working.

recommend you create a new front end and import all objects (not copy/paste) and as a matter of regular routine decompile then recompile your code, then compact and repair - I do it after any changes I make to code for example and certainly before I release updates to the production environment.

The back end has no code so you only need to compact and repair that.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=58464
    Scroll to the bottom to get the latest version.
    The tool will let you assign a consistent look to all forms in your DB.
    You can create a custom theme to match your requirements.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    good link - sort of thing I was thinking of when I suggested 'maintain properties in a table'

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.