Dallas87 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Trying to view/navigate/modify multiple linked fields in a single form

Doing all this in Access 2013, 64bit, Windows 10.

I'm trying to create a single form that has navigation from one attribute to another for a given object with the ability to control a given state for each attribute.

The background: I have many objects, each of which can have many attributes, each attribute can be in one of 4 potential states.

So for example I could have Object A, with Attribute B, in State C. Simultaneously I could have Object B with Attribute B in State B.

To facilitate this on the table side of things, I have an objects_table, attributes_table, state_table, and an objects_attributes_state_mapping_table.
    objects_attributes_state_mapping_table contains a unique_id, object_id, attribute_id, state_id for the purposes of creating a new record for each combination of these parameters that exists.

What I'm looking for is a form that uses the Object as the senior form object, with an Attribute subform that allows me to navigate through each of the available/linked attributes for that object, that also shows the corresponding State of that particular attribute for that particular Object and allows me to change that State per Attribute, per Object. Attached is a mockup of what I'm looking for.

I'm a newbie when it comes to Access forms, what am I looking for in the interface to make this happen?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mockup.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	36287

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure what the blue arrows signify but perhaps you just need 3 comboboxes or listboxes
    As it sounds like you can have any combination of attributes and states for each object, the combos/listboxes don't need to be cascading.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Dallas87 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    ridders52, the arrows are just for general "next" and "previous" navigation.

I have, at this time, 44 Objects, each with 149 Attributes. If I do a combo box for each, how do I link them together such that the State displayed is specific to that Attribute on that Object?

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Perhaps you do need cascading combos after all.
    See if my example database helps https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=302126

If not, get back to me with a bit more information
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.