Kalmed2018 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Bound Object Frame default

Hi,
    I have got a form with multiple fields. One of the is a Bound Object frame and the name of the control source is "Draw image". Every time I want to draw an image I right click and then I can either import and existing bitmap object or insert/draw a new one using the "paint" app. Is there a way to have a "default" drawing/bmp file loading for every new record that I can the open and modify as required? Please note that my coding knowledge is almost zero. Is there any other way than using a code? If not is there a simple code that I can copy/paste and simply change the names of the fields?

Many thanks

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you're asking about how to modify an image from within Access itself I've never heard of such a thing and would be of no help.
    If you're dealing with images, you should be using an image control, not a bound object control.
    If your form has multiple records or single record view with navigation controls, then the typical approach is to "load" an image into the image control, getting its path from a table. Thus when you get to the record that pertains to me, that record has a field with a path to an image of a very small dot
    The current event of the form tells the image control where the picture is that should be displayed. If you want a default image, then such code needs to basically say, "if there's no image path for a record, the image control should show 'defaultImage' instead.

Might be kind of difficult for your level given your proclamation about not knowing code, especially since you seem to want to launch the default app for an image type (double click event on the image control would suffice) but definitely doable. If you have time to research, start with how to use an image control. Most of the other details should fall into place as you find different sources showing various ways of using them. The biggest take away I think, is to not store images in tables and load them into a bound object frame. Storing files in tables will rapidly cause db bloat if not accelerate you down the path of db corruption.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I am also not familiar with use of Bound Object Frame as you describe. I just did a quick attempt to do something like you describe and failed. I've never been successful in using the OLE field and controls.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I am also not familiar with use of Bound Object Frame as you describe. I just did a quick attempt to do something like you describe and failed. I've never been successful in using the OLE field and controls.
    I'm surprised you would have an attachment field to test it on!

I've used the unbound object frame no problem - in keeping with the mantra to never have attachments in my tables. A simple double click on the unbound object will open it while still providing a thumbnail view of it. I say thumbnail because I'm assuming the control wouldn't be full size.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I certainly have attachment field available but did not use that. I tried OLEObject field with Bound Object Frame using that field as ControlSource. Tried loading a bmp file into the control/field. Fail, again!

Need more info from OP on their setup, hence suggestion to provide db.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.