rubs34 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Database doesn't go to Login Page - 'Display Form' Changes along with Field Fonts in the database

Hey Everyone,

I have created a simple database. But once in a while, after saving, the database sort of reformats itself before I close. I already have the display form set to the below login page, and instead of overlapping windows to tabbed windows, also, my navigation pane is hidden.

This is how the database should look like when I enter. It should take me to the login page

But instead the below happens and I Need to change the display form for the current database, along with the overlapping windows and also have to change the fonts in my database. Why is this happening? Can someone guide me to prevent the below from happening?

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Lots of problems there. You need to post the db here so the we can take a look.

rubs34 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    Lots of problems there. You need to post the db here so the we can take a look.
    Okay, so I posted the database. Kindly have a look at it. We keep the file in a shared area.

In Current Database,

- I already saved the display form as Login
    - Saved the document window as Tabbed Documents
    - Display Navigation as hidden.

This is the second time has happened, where the current database kind of resets itself.
    Do I always have to repeat the above steps everytime this happens?
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The version you posted does not have those settings. So I made those settings. I have opened and closed multiple times and cannot duplicate issue.

If this db will have multiple simultaneous users, it should be split and each user runs their own copy of frontend.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    See if above helps.
    Changed admin password to password.
    You had all logins change the Client Details form property to Data Entry = Yes. You don't want that. See notes I added in Form_Open event. Also check what data mode the switchboard is stipulating when opening forms.
    Commented out the Enter event for the OK command button on login form. You (almost) never will need an Enter event for a command button. That code was simply duplicating the on_click event.
    Changed login form vba so that for incorrect login, the form is not closed and user has another chance to log in.
    Last edited by davegri; 10-27-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: expand

rubs34 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you Davegri and June7,

Really appreciate all your points. I will go through them each and I feel this will solve this error. Thanks a ton!!!!
    If I have any doubts I will come back here.

rubs34 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks Davegri and June7. It worked like a charm. Not having any issues now. Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rubs34 View Post
    Thank you Davegri and June7,

Really appreciate all your points. I will go through them each and I feel this will solve this error. Thanks a ton!!!!
    If I have any doubts I will come back here.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.