chazcoral2 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

user id

I have 20 team members that use the same form to log their numbers. I have it set up now so that they have to enter their name and date for each entry, (i have a comand button the copies) Is there a way for each team member to sign in so that it auotmatically enters their name and date for all of the days entries?

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    You can set up a form for them to put in their name and the date. You store that in a public variable and just refer to them in your regular form functions.

Windows XP Access 2003

Don't understand

I don't understand. I have built a form for that. I assume by public variable you mean a table. I have both forms pointing to the same table, how do I merge their name and date to the entry to the table from the other form?

Windows XP Access 2003
    From what I understand, you have a form that populates a table with two of the fields being User and Date. You have a form with a textbox for User, Date, and whatever else you want and instead of the User and Date being on the form, you want the User to login once and have that populate automatically.

To do this, you can set up an initial login form, give each User a name and a password even, if you want. You can give them the option of supplying a date or just using the Date() function to give that day's date. You store the information in public variables, pubVarUser = Me.txtUser and pubVarDate = Me.txtDate or pubVarDate = Date().

Then when you are on your regular data entry form, you can set the query on the button that updates your table to:
    INSERT INTO mytable (User, Date, ...) VALUES (pubVarUser, pubVarDate, ...)
    with the ... being whatever else you have on your form.

that's assuming you want to have a fullblown login procedure. If not, you can always create a combobox on the data entry form that holds all User names. They just select it and then you would replace pubVarUser with Me.cboUser and pubVarDate with Date() or Me.txtDate or whatever else you set up on the data entry form.

I hope I'm understanding what you have and hope I'm on the right track in providing what you want.

Windows XP Access 2003
    What is PubVarUser? Is it in the properties of the combo box?

Windows XP Access 2003
    this is all done in VBA. Perhaps that's where i went wrong. My mistake for my assumption. It's the only way I've ever done something like this and I dont If you can, upload your db and I'll try to make it work for you over the weekend.

Windows XP Access 2003
    How do I upload it?

Windows XP Access 2003
    go to the advanced reply "Go Advanced" button. It's under "attachment options"

Windows XP Access 2003
    It keeps failing when I try to upload it.

Windows XP Access 2003
    I have been able to use event proceedures suggested from this forum,for several form function keys. Would I do this the same way?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.