Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
    LOL
    ...... though of course my memory isn't perfect.
    Nor mine either, and I can tell you from personal experience that the older you get the worse the memory gets.
    I can't remember their names. I have enough trouble remembering my own some days
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hi Bob
    I think we're of similar vintage. I retired from teaching the same year you got your MS Community Award
    Some things (like that) I'm good at remembering...others less so
    Now what was the point of this thread again ....
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Memory: I have an unsubstantiated theory. As we get older, we get grey hair and in order to change the color, the hair cells grab the memory brain cells for the energy to make this happen, thus reducing our ability to remember....

moke123 is online now Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    Memory: I have an unsubstantiated theory. As we get older, we get grey hair and in order to change the color, the hair cells grab the memory brain cells for the energy to make this happen, thus reducing our ability to remember....
    That explains why my memory is only half as bad as it used to be. I only have half the hair I used to.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Perhaps memory isn’t stored in brain cells but in the hair- the older you get the balder and thinner the hair, the worse the memory. Must be a correlation there somewhere

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I always thought your brain only had so much capacity, like any other storage medium. When it gets full and you cram something new in there, some random older memory is pushed out. Sometimes the old memories develop delete protection and they stay forever, but they don't have edit protection. Thus when recalled they are often greatly modified and/or embellished. It also explains why I can't remember what I did yesterday, as those memories are not delete protected soon enough. Notice that I didn't say 'was told yesterday'. Most likely that is because I was pretending to listen to her.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by alansidman View Post
    I think I may have heard this theory before but I certainly can't remember where or when it may have been
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.