Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    linvall is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hey, thanks for the help. This morning woke up with a bright idea to make an update query that changes all the values with names to 0 (which means there is no hold on the task) and all the null spaces to 1 (which means there is a hold on it). I then was able to use the min and max identifiers. Thanks fro all the help, it was very much appreciated.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Wow. At first I was going to blame myself for not getting you to distinguish between what you were trying and what you wanted. Then I realized you did say what you wanted, but it turns out you didn't want the records at all. You just wanted to distinguish the difference between them. I have to wonder why you'd bother changing anything to 1 or 0 when to know that a field in a record is either null or not is all you really need. In your case, you allow empty strings in the table, so it would be a case of the field contains a value, or it is (null or ""). There is a difference by the way, and I wouldn't expect perfection if you leave tables as they are and simply convert the "null spaces" as you call them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.