jjsande1492 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

How to hide "privacy options" from users in a front end

Hi there.

I have a front end / back end set up that I am locking down in Access 2016. I have password protection on the VBA project and I have turned off "Display Navigation Pane", "Allow Full Menus", and "Allow Default Shortcut Menus". In an attempt to preserve these settings and prevent the shift-click open arrangement, I am using a custom ribbon. Now, when the user opens the front end, "Options" is gone, but it is replaced by "Privacy Options". The user can then undo everything I have set. I've searched the internet and in everything I have found, there's only a handful of references to "Privacy Options" and all of the offered solutions involve exactly what I am already doing with a custom ribbon.

An example of a "fix" is shown here. I have tried this and while the custom ribbon is implemented, it does not hide "Privacy Options".
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=33541

I can't be alone in this. Am I missing a thread somewhere? How can I prevent "Privacy Options" from showing?

Thanks,
    jj
    Last edited by jjsande1492; 08-09-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Included link to non-working solution

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    See this youtube video by Steve Bishop.

Further searching found this post.
    It's 2 pages long, but has the answer.

Good luck

Thanks, orange.

Steve's YouTube video was the first solution I tried. Again, it removed "Options", but "Privacy Options" now appears in its place. The other link you provided looks like the same answer, isn't it? It just has a lot of ensuring people are checking for spelling mistakes and the like.

Ugh... sorry everyone. I found that I created the USysRibbons table in the back end and my front end was a linked table to it. The USysRibbons table needs to be local. This fixed my issue.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.