tammiep is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Automatically update datasheet

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. I have a datasheet that was created based on a query. On the datasheet, there is a list of customer names (CustomerName). When the user clicks on a hyperlinked CustomerName, another form opens (frmCustomerDetail). This form has more specific details on each customer. The datasheet remains open when the frmCustomerDetail opens. If the user changes data on the frmCustomerDetail, I would like the already opened datasheet to reflect the current changes. So far, in order for me to get this to work, I have to save the updated frmCustomerDetail, close the datasheet and re-open the datasheet. Then it reflects the changes. Or, I have to save the frmCustomerDetail, and then press the Refresh button for the datasheet.
    Is there any way for the datasheet to be refreshed automatically after new data is entered in the frmCustomerDetail?
    I have already tried using the Requery in the AfterUpdate on both the datasheet and the frmCustomerDetail, but it's still not updating the opened datasheet.

Thanks very much,
    Tammie

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I believe the issue you are having is that with the table being open, no changes are being saved. To fix this, what I would do is have the table close when the form is opened (On_Load or On_Open command I believe). When the changing is done. have a button on the form confirm changes, close the form, and open the table again. Hope this helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.