SMarcus is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Why does data disappear , return on tabbing, show up in different rows on table view?

We are new to ACCESS and are working from a form with 5 tabs. In one of the tabs for a single record, we will enter the data several different fields. When we go out and come back into that tab the data in those fields are gone. If we tab forward through a full cycle of all the fields in that tab, the "Record" field will change (from 1 or 2 to possibly to Auto Number) and the data will again be visible.

When we look at the data on a table, and if there is Data in each of 5 fields, we may find that three of the data entered are in one row, and two of the data are in another - all entered at the same time.

ID #12 - Record 1 - 3 fields show the data

ID #12 - Record 2 - 2 fields show the data entered at the same time.

For other tabs, the data seems completely aligned.

I don't know if this is clear enough or makes sense, but can you explain why this is happening, and what we can do about it, or whether it's normal and OK? We are concerned that data that should be aligned are actually going into different records, and that when we come back and add additional data, the alignment may continue to be off.

Again, we are new to this, and any clarification you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Well am not sure one can troubleshoot it. Somethings become confused during your design. 5 tabs are alot of tabs but not the cause per se. Tabs are just organization & presentation. Is all the data from a single record source? (table or query) ...or are you also dealing with subforms?

SMarcus is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Response

I apologize for my ignorance but I'm not sure what a subform is. I believe the data is set up in several tables.

weekend00 is offline I may not be right
    Windows XP Access 2003
    i only know that changes will not be saved to table until focus leaves the record.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.