isnpms is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Copy / Paste some fields

**** sorry this thread was posted at the wrong place.. ***

i just don't know how to delete it (if possible)
    it's posted at access (general) section.

God Morning.
    I have a little access system with 2 tables, one form and one sub form.
    The main table (tblMain) is for general data: tCod (Key), tName, tAddress, tZip, etc.) and the second table (tblSecond) is for input daily data where some are different (Date(), total value, etc) and others are the same (Name again - get it form main form with default value function - RG, CPF, Bank account, Bank.).
    What I need and I’m trying to do is a way to copy/paste only these value that always repeat and need to be in this second table (for future report need) every time I make a ADD NEW action at this subform.
    I made a query using the fields Name, RG, CPF, BnkAcc and Bank assigning at the Name criteria =[Forms] ![Mainform]![Name] or =[Forms] ![Mainform]![Subform]![Name] (who makes the same work) wondering this could help but couldn’t.
    Is there any way to use, for example, a command button or get or set focus or something else to copy these data from the existing register and pasting them to the new register?
    Case not possible this way, with that query example could it be? I just don’t know how to write it to automatic populate the fields.
    Any help will be very welcome.
    Thank you.
    Ivan Sinigaglia (Brasil)
    Last edited by isnpms; 08-25-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: **** sorry this thread was posted at the wrong place.. ***

isnpms is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    **** sorry this thread was posted at the wrong place.. ***
    i just don't know how to delete it (if possible)
    it's posted at access (general) section.

Quote Originally Posted by isnpms View Post
    god morning.
    I have a little access system with 2 tables, one form and one sub form.
    The main table (tblmain) is for general data: Tcod (key), tname, taddress, tzip, etc.) and the second table (tblsecond) is for input daily data where some are different (date(), total value, etc) and others are the same (name again - get it form main form with default value function - rg, cpf, bank account, bank.).
    What i need and i’m trying to do is a way to copy/paste only these value that always repeat and need to be in this second table (for future report need) every time i make a add new action at this subform.
    I made a query using the fields name, rg, cpf, bnkacc and bank assigning at the name criteria =[forms] ![mainform]![name] or =[forms] ![mainform]![subform]![name] (who makes the same work) wondering this could help but couldn’t.
    Is there any way to use, for example, a command button or get or set focus or something else to copy these data from the existing register and pasting them to the new register?
    Case not possible this way, with that query example could it be? I just don’t know how to write it to automatic populate the fields.
    Any help will be very welcome.
    Thank you.
    Ivan sinigaglia (brasil)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.