Treeivery is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Using Access 2016 Navigation form to enter data in records with related tables

I am struggling to get my navigation form to change records. All tabs on the navigation form will return the first record for each of the tabs. However, when I press the button to change record on the first tab to advance to the next record, the following 5 tabs still show information pertaining to the first record. This is probably a simple bit of coding, but I can't figure it out. Any help will be appreciated!

Access Navigation Issue.zip

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The way a navigation form works is only one form is loaded at a time. Exactly how are you changing record?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Treeivery is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I actually got the desired result using tabbed form, but essentially I liked the look and feel of the horizontal navigation buttons. Every tab relates to the record pertaining to a specific client. Once I identify a client every tab displays information from different tables regarding that client. I use search or navigation on the form to call up a specific record. If there is a way to accomplish this using the navigation form that would be my preference.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You would have to run code to apply the filter criteria each time you switch tabs.

Or maybe set the tab's NavigationWhereClause property with reference to a field/textbox on main form. Similar to Master/Child links. If you change the search value and want the data to change on current tab, have to be able to leave the search box then refresh the form.

[ID]=Forms!formname!fieldORtextbox
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.