clango is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question on-line dbase required surely share point?

Hi everybody!

Could you please help me ? I'm trying to help an humanitarian association that would like to have the dbase of their subscribers on-line.

In this way each employee could access the dbase to input and update the records from the more convenient workstation.
    The list consist of few hundreds records, 4-6 tables with relations among them, several form to support the different need. Finally reports or query to take actions.

First of all the database does not exist. Now some data are in a excel file and some into other files.

As the association is a non-profit one the cost is one of the basic requirements to evaluate.

Access 2010 is one of the options. Could you please confirm me if share point add extra important cost? Is it required? Or they could use their own existing hosting server without share point to connect?

There are other options on the way. Drupal, Myphp, Cakephp, Firebase.

As you are the expert would solution would you recommend thinking at semplicity, ease of development and costs?

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    For simplicity, ease of development, and rapid developement: Access.
    I can build a functioning, point and click interface database for multi users in a few hours of 1 day.

I would stay away from Share point ,but thats just me. Its not needed. Others may like it, I dont due to some connect problems.
    Any simple network requiring login will suffice.

You can distribute Access Runtime to individual users (at no cost) to reduce expenses.
    Only the developer needs the full Access app.

FYI.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    In this way each employee could access the dbase to input and update the records from the more convenient workstation.
    Are these employees in 1 building/office?
    Are you thinking of internet accessible data?

Can you elaborate on this:
    The list consist of few hundreds records, 4-6 tables with relations among them, several form to support the different need. Finally reports or query to take actions.

clango is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for your reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Are these employees in 1 building/office?
    Are you thinking of internet accessible data?
    No, the employes are not in the same building/office. I think an internet accessible data and may be, if possible it should be accessible by iPhone, iPad or Android mobiles. Then it would be accessible to different platform. In this moment I'm using Ubuntu nad in office they use Microsoft Excel, Word and not yet Access. Finally it is an humanitarian association.
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    Can you elaborate on this?
    The database has less than 500 hundred subscribers.Basically we need to collect all the personal data of the subscribers, we need to understand if we need to send or not a monthly magazine, if the postal address is the same where they live, the amount of the subscription and the expiration, the preferred contact media (whatsapp, facebook, e-mail). If they are parents of the II world war victims (reference and when it happens). Then if will be launched a campaign to support some initiative if the subscribers subscribe to it or not.
    These are the first main data.
    I'd as well make easier the data collection. So I should import from excel the existing data and help the people to simplify with automatic lookups or other similarity.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.