steve7800 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How do I make the subform display multiple records and the form/subform follow each other?

I highlighted table tbItem in the navigation pane and then Create => Form to make a Single Form named Test which displays the 20-some fields of the table.

I again highlighted tbItem in the navigation pane and then Create => More Forms => Datasheet to make a datasheet form named Testsub.

I then used Design => Subform/Subreport to place a subform at the bottom of the detail section of form Test. I linked the form and subform with iID, the autonumber key for tbItem. With this configuration the main form displays a record and the subform follows and displays the same record -- but just that record.

What I want to do is have the subform display multiple records -- as many records as screen size will allow. And for the form to follow the subform and vice versa with respect to selected record. How do I do that? Property sheet configuration? VBA code?

Thanks, Steve

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Make sure that TestSub is set to be a continuous form. Put it in the main form footer.
    However the TestSub will only display related records to the master record in the scenario you have described. That is the whole point of a Parent/Child sub form set up.

What you are describing might be what is sometimes called a Split form, but be warned they aren't easy to work with if you want to do anything other than basic display and editing.
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

steve7800 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you Minty. Your suggestion to use a Split form was spot on. I changed the Property Sheet Default View to Split and got what I wanted.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.