DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Continuous form placing text above and active field below bar method ?

Hi,
    I drag drop from field list but end up with both above or both below the separating bar, tried ctrl, also alt. also shift

How does one get the inert text above and the 'window to fill in' below that bar ?

DBenz

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What bar? You mean the Detail section bar? If you want the label above then select the label, delete, paste above.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What bar? You mean the Detail section bar? If you want the label above then select the label, delete, paste above.
    Hi, the text that is inert is in blue colouring and immediately below it is a 5mm tall full page width bar that separates it from the row of boxes.

If I drag drop from the field list into the boxes area, I cant then drag the inert title for the box over that bar.

so you say to select the inert text hit delete then click in the area above the bar and hit paste.

I do that and nothing appears.

I try for cut instead of delete and then click above the bar and hit paste and still nothing appears.

I then try for drag drop from field list to above bar and delete the box but both vanish.

I bet I am not the only one to have faced this, the designers obviously had a sense of humour.

Steve

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    I've read this several times and still don't know what you are talking about.
    Is this a form in design view or a report or a query.
    Perhaps a couple of screenshots would help explain your issue.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

June7 is offline VIP
    Does that bar have the word "Detail" in it and a downward pointing arrow? Does the 'blue' area have a bar that says "Form Header" also with a downward pointing arrow?

When you delete a data control (textbox, combobox, etc.) its associated label control will also delete. However, an associated label can be disassociated by selecting the label and deleting it. Then the label can be pasted somewhere else. Use ribbon or right click menu cut/paste. Or ctrl+x then ctrl+v. Don't use Delete key if you want to then paste.

Works for me.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.