cballew is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Subform Issues

So I have a form users are brought to when they log in and on that form I have a subform that is all assignedcalls for that user. It pulls fine but it doesn't when they first load the page. If I add a button to requery it works just fine. I think it has to do with the fact that when they log in I'm feeding their username to a text field on their nav page and that username is required for the query for the subform. Is there a way to set the requery macro to occur after the username has been fed over. I thought it would have been an onload event but that doesn't seem to work. I guess it really would need to be after everything including the subform had rendered, but I don't know what event that would be (afterrender didn't seem to work either though I am unfamiliar with that event type).

Thanks for any help!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Is the main form bound and you apply filter?

Be aware subforms load before mainform (I know, weird but true). Master/Child links properties of subform container control manage the synchronization of related records. If there is no relationship between main and sub form, why use this arrangement? Not saying inappropriate (I have done this) just wonder if it is really necessary.

You use macro, not VBA? I only use VBA.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Have you tried to requery the subform in the AfterUpdate event of the username textbox (something like Forms![YourFormName].sfrmControlName.Form.Requery)?

Cheers,
    Vlad

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Control AfterUpdate won't trigger when field/control populated by code.

Did you try code to requery subform in main form Load event?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Do you keep your login form open (hidden) or do you store the username in a tempvar or any other place (like local settings table)?
    If yes change the recordsource of the subform to point to that instead of the username textbox of its parent form.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.