NexusMike is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

ATM Cash Management System

Hey guys, i'm trying to build a database but am running into loads of problems so I thought i'd start from scratch but with help from you awesome guys. The database is for a post office which houses a cash point which dispenses £10 & £20 notes.

There are four systems involved - the ATM, post office system, a written cash management sheet (CMS) and a spreadsheet which records the daily cash usage. I want my system to combine the spreadsheet and CMS. It will also make the post office declaration easier.

At the moment a staff member loads the ATM with £x amount of cash each thursday. This is recorded on the post office system, then put on the cash management sheet (number & value of notes).

Then the staff have to print the totals from the ATM at the end of every day, then declare the usage figures on to the Post Office system, then the postmaster puts the figures on his spreadsheet to work out how much cash he needs to order each week.

Then at the end of the week (Wednesday), the total amount of all loads during the week (usually 2 or 3) is worked out and put on the CMS. Then, on the same row, all the cash (remaininig in the machine is removed and counted) is itemised and the total is added on to the total withdrawal value. This total should match the total loaded value. If so, the ATM has balanced and can be 'rolled over'.

So far I have established three tables: tblLOAD; tblDAILY and tblBALANCE.

I will post an update soon with samples of the documents but I would just like to know if anyone is interested in helping me.

If you have any questions or suggestions please say.

Thank you for being so patient!

NexusMike

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    I am certainly Interested in helping you. Please don't misunderstand my intentions by the short note "Complete database solutions at affordable rates". I will hep you without any fee. I am interest in this project. I would like you to give some more details.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.