Abuaarah is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Calculate Values pulled from Another Table

Hello All I am a new comer to this access as well as to this forum..! I am creating a simple database that meant for outdoor camping. and the price for camping ground is 50 per night, and participants will pay individually based on their age group apart from the camp ground.

So when I fill the form I wanted this to be automatically calculated. and I am stuck with the calculation - If someone could help would be appreciated

Thanks

please check the file in this http://lancanint.com/DOWNLOADS/Database141.accdb

I have attached the file - Thanks again

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Can't look at the sample right now, but is this applicable?

http://baldyweb.com/Autofill.htm
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    It is safer for us here if you Save As your db (older versions are better), compact/repair the copy then zip and include in your post. You will probably get more responses that way.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Welcome to the forum...

I think you need to step back as think about your dB design.
    Here is a link to info on Database Planning and Design. I recommend the tutorials from RogersAccessLibrary mentioned in the link. Work through 1 or 2 (30-60 minutes) and you will learn about database design.

The way your tables are designed right now will cause multiple records to be created for one party. For example, lets say a group arrives that contains 2 parents, 4 children under 19 and 2 kids that are 20 and 21. That means with the current design, you will need to make 8 records that cannot currently be linked together.

You will need more fields the table "ParticipantDetails" or an additional table.
    You will probably need to write your own function (a UDF) to get and store the total amount.

Why the field for number of days? I thought you charged by the number of nights? Can you stay for 4 days but only pay for 1 night?

Thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    Welcome to the forum...

I think you need to step back as think about your dB design.
    Here is a link to info on Database Planning and Design. I recommend the tutorials from RogersAccessLibrary mentioned in the link. Work through 1 or 2 (30-60 minutes) and you will learn about database design.

The way your tables are designed right now will cause multiple records to be created for one party. For example, lets say a group arrives that contains 2 parents, 4 children under 19 and 2 kids that are 20 and 21. That means with the current design, you will need to make 8 records that cannot currently be linked together.

You will need more fields the table "ParticipantDetails" or an additional table.
    You will probably need to write your own function (a UDF) to get and store the total amount.

Why the field for number of days? I thought you charged by the number of nights? Can you stay for 4 days but only pay for 1 night?
    Thanks for your reply and I will check the links and see how to put together

Thanks I will check this link

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.