isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Site 'glitch' - Losing my replies

Hi

I prefer to view threads in reverse order with the most recent post at the top.
    If I click 'Reply to Thread' at the top, the focus moves to the bottom of the screen for the reply.
    There are 2 issues
    a) This means I am nowhere near the last post so I have to scroll up again - irritating but not a major issue
    b) there are 2 reply buttons around the reply window but they do different things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	33139

The small Post Quick Reply button does just what it says which is fine
    BUT the larger Reply to Thread button creates a new blank reply window & doesn't post my reply

Because its more prominent, I keep forgetting this and have frequently lost my replies
    Sometimes I can recover part of my reply if autosave has kicked in but its a real PITA

Please could the big button be removed or modified so it also post the reply I've so lovingly crafted
    Many thanks
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

June7 is offline VIP
    I've never used the big button. I don't even notice it's there. Habits are easy to acquire, hard to break.

What annoys me is when I edit a reply and the existing post(s) are not displayed above.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I've never used the big button. I don't even notice it's there. Habits are easy to acquire, hard to break.

What annoys me is when I edit a reply and the existing post(s) are not displayed above.
    Both issues irritate me but losing posts is a real pain.
    In fact I again lost the first reply done immediately after writing that post
    It's a big button so hard to ignore ....
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Matrix is offline Admin
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    They serve different purposes. "Reply to Thread" is used to quote multiple posts: you select posts with the Multi-Quote this message button (The last link from the right below each post), after you finish selection, click "Reply to Thread" to add all quoted posts into the input box.

"Reply to Thread" actually doesn't suggest Submit or Post.

If you mis-used the button and lost your draft, try this: https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=23400

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The existing post should be there, you may want to clear browser cache or try a different browser.

June7 is offline VIP
    Sometimes I get thrown into the Advanced edit window and existing posts don't display. Not quite sure under what circumstances. Annoying, but I deal.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    They serve different purposes. "Reply to Thread" is used to quote multiple posts: you select posts with the Multi-Quote this message button (The last link from the right below each post), after you finish selection, click "Reply to Thread" to add all quoted posts into the input box.

"Reply to Thread" actually doesn't suggest Submit or Post.

If you mis-used the button and lost your draft, try this: https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=23400

The exiting post should be there, you may want to clear browser cache or try a different browser.
    Hi matrix
    Just realised I forgot to reply to your post.
    I'm trying to break the habit of clicking the large Reply To Post button but have still done so several times since.
    However, the autosave feature has been very helpful in restoring all or almost all the post I intended to send.
    Last edited by isladogs; 04-01-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If I spend enough time on a post, when cursor is in the reply field, I Ctrl+A & Ctrl+C before clicking. Sometimes, even before I venture into "Go Advanced". Has saved my butt once or twice.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.