dragon232 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Error Communicating with OLE Server or ActiveX Control When Running Embedded Macro

I have this very strange error occurring for me in Access. I basically have this form, which allows the user to view information from an archive (a Table). It all worked fine, until I inserted a new text box to see information from another column of the archive Table. When I do this, my "View Report" macro stops working and I get the OLE Server / ActiveX error when I click the button.

The macro is an embedded macro - basically checks if the date in a combo box is greater than a certain given date, if it is, then it uses Report_1, and if it's not, then it uses Report_2. If I remove the if statement and just have the macro to view one report, there is no error. Likewise, if I remove that new text box I just added, the macro (with the if statement too) works fine.

What can I do to fix this error and still be able to have the new textbox? I find this very frustrating.

dragon232 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    For anyone facing a similar problem, I solved this issue, so I thought I'd let you know how. The problem was that on the new computer Access was turned to a different, non-English language, and when I inserted the text box and its label, the label's automatically generated name contained special characters that the OLE Server and ActiveX Control could not process. So changing the label's name to remove the special characters fixed the issue.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.