RankSinatra is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

See only signed out tills for current operating date

The database opens up to an operational date selector, which controls a form for operational dates as the only field. Once the new operational date is entered, the form closes. I have a separate table with operational dates for the tills being signed out, as well as departments worked with the till and of course the employees who they were signed out to. Ideally, I would like to just filter the query records by those with the reported operating date selected at the beginning from the first form. This is not a current date calculation, as I want to view records even after midnight because we balance tills pretty late sometimes into the next day.
    I have tried Max with MostRecent SQL and a subquery. This would work but there are several of each kind of till for the operational day. I'm trying to make a form/subform combo that shows each signed out till by department (combobox selection), only displaying the previously selected operational date (typed in on opening form). I have only managed to make the department selector work, but it still shows every till signed out since 2013. I'm still very new to Access so what is the best way to set up the query to display only records with the one-time selected operational date without a seperate combobox to select that date every time?

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Welcome to the forum...

It would help to see the SQL of the query.

Since you have selected the "operational day", create a WHERE clause in the query something like
    Code:
    WHERE [OperationalDate] >= Form!frmOperationalDates.cboSelectedDate
    providing the form is still open. If the date is in a control or variable, use it.
    Lets say you selected the operational day of 2018-2-8 (yyyy-m-d). Since you selected the date, even if it is after midnight (into 2018-2-9), the query will still show records from 2018-2-8 through 2018-2-9.

Without seeing the dB or the SQL, cannot be more precise.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.