Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Reaction to List Box not "on click".

My development have a table,query and form for PURCHASE INVOICE. The form starts with a drop down field to choose between "Cash Purchase" and "Purchase on credit". A different query that lists all creditors and cash suppliers is set up to find the NAME OF SUPPLIER. The form that sets up PURCHASE INVOICE, hosts information needed to process invoices. The record source for f02InvPurchase is q02InvPurchase. In f02InvPurchase the row source comes from the other query q01Suppliers. The q01Suppliers query refers in the criteria field back to f02InvPurchase to filter different records for "Cash Purchase" or "Purchase on Credit". It works correct.

Here is the issue. When "Cash Purchase" or "Purchase on credit" is chosen from the drop down it does not update the combo box which lists the supplier name. There is a SAVE command button, even after clicking on SAVE it does not update SUPPLIER NAME yet. If I close the form and open f02InvPurchase it then updates the SUPPLIER NAME combo. The need is to have an immediate reaction. I hope to be understood.

Maybe it is something to do that the source is q02InvPurchase, and the drop down have a different source? What other option can be used?
    Thank you.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You need to requery the supplier combo after selecting from the first combo.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.