maintt is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Screen Size

Hi all

I have just put a copy of a database onto someone else's desk top, when the database is opened it is only showing three quarters of the database onb the screen and you have to use the scroll bar to see it all, how do i make it so everything is seen, it works fine on mine.

anybody help

Maintt

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    There are a few complex functions that you could use that check for the user's screen resolution and adjust the size of the form accordingly. You could also just simply set the form to maximize on open, which should solve the problem.

maintt is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Screen

Hi Datagopherden thanks for reply, probably didn't explain myself correctly, the database on my monitor fills the screen correctly, but on another monitor it goes over the page IE the last quarter of the front page isn't visible and I dont know how to fix the problem.

Maintt

Datagopherdan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    You explained it correctly. The computer that has the problem most likely has a lower resolution setting. What happens is when you open a form on your computer, it may only take up 3/4 of the screen because you're running a higher resolution but on the other computer, it's going to take up the whole screen and then some. If you maximize it, that should solve the problem. The user is still going to have to scroll to see all the information but the scrollbars will be visible on their screen.

Quote Originally Posted by maintt View Post
    Hi Datagopherden thanks for reply, probably didn't explain myself correctly, the database on my monitor fills the screen correctly, but on another monitor it goes over the page IE the last quarter of the front page isn't visible and I dont know how to fix the problem.

Maintt

pdebaets is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Check the screen resolution and display font size/DPI of the end user's computer and compare it with your development computer. Either of these settings can affect how your forms display on the end-user's monitor.

You may want to specify that your application works best at 1024x768, 96 DPI (or whatever) screen resolution/font size, or you can use form scaling software to scale your forms to fit any end-user screen resolution.

There are third-party form scaling solutions available that might help:

A trial version of a form rescaling module I wrote called ShrinkerStretcher is available at this web site: http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm

There's a form resizer at http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/resizeform/rf_jump.html .

Another one: http://sourceforge.net/projects/modscaleform

The Access Developer's Handbook has form resizing code included:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...064361-7403703

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.