Terresa is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2016

Help wanted to create simple reports from a very simple database using calculations and searches

Hello to all.

My name is Tess and I work with a team who train and distribute resources to Aboriginal people in remote communities who are developing community development strategies to reduce Alcohol and Other Drug abuse in their communities. I am new to access and we would like to have a simple database that records what we have, what category it is in, who took it, where it went and how many are returned. I have three tables only and a form for each table. We have about 300 resources in categories including merchandise, resources, books, loan items,and dvd
    Table 1 - frmclient - name(dropdown box) and location(dropdown box)
    Table 2 - frmstocklist - stock item(dropdown box), category(dropdown box), supplier(dropdown box) and comments(long text)
    Table 3 - frmdisbursement - stock item(lookup from frmstocklist), date(date), taken by(lookup from frmclient), number taken(number) and number returned(number)

The reports I want is simply as below with the ability to search for a category or date range or person or stock item.

Report sample:

Category Stock Item Total Number Taken Total Number Returned Total Stock on hand

Category Stock Item Total Stock on Hand

Client Location Total Number Taken Total Number Returned (with date parameters for monthly reporting)

Date Range Stock Item Total Number Taken Total Number Returned

Any help would be most appreciated.

Tess

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Only 3 tables? What table is frmClient bound to - Clients? What is the RowSource of the Name combobox? What is the RowSource of the Location combobox? What is the RowSource for any of the comboboxes on any of the forms?

Why would items be returned - are they only loaned assets, not consumed supplies?

Treat each 'take' and each 'return' as a transaction. Each transaction will be a record.

Review http://allenbrowne.com/AppInventory.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Some suggestions:
    Use only letters and numbers (exception is the underscore) for object names.
    Do not use spaces, punctuation or special characters in object names.
    Do not use look up FIELDS, multi-value fields or calculated fields in tables.
    Do not begin object names with a number.

Do not use "Date" as an object name because it is a reserved word and a built in function in Access.

Problem names and reserved words in Access
    http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.