Steve Barnes is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Date range query from form

I am using a form to enter a date range which is being used by several queries in a macro.The query has - WHERE (((dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.DecisionIssuedDa te) Between [forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[BeginningDate] And [forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[EndingDate])

The problem is that if I enter 25/7/2010 in the BeginningDate and 28/7/2010 in the EndingDate, I only get records for th 25/7, 26/7 and 27/7, not for the 28/7. My work around is to enter 28/7/2010 11:59:59PM into the EndingDate - then I get the reords for the 28/7 also. I don't want the users to have to enter "11:59:59PM" - what is the answer please?

Thanks
    Steve

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    It looks like your date values might be full Date/Time (it includes the hour/min/sec as well as the date)instead of just Short Date. If that's the case, then the following should do what you want:

Code:
    WHERE (((dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.DecisionIssuedDate) Between DateValue([forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[BeginningDate]) And DateValue([forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[EndingDate]))
    This will cut off the time portion and allow you to do a check involving only the Date of those Fields.

Steve Barnes is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks for the help, the full code actually ended up as - SELECT dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.ApplicationId, dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationDetail.DevelopmentNumber, dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.DecisionDate, DateValue([DecisionIssuedDate]) AS Expr1, dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.DecisionResultType
    FROM dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent LEFT JOIN dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationDetail ON dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationConsent.ApplicationId = dbo_LDEdala_ApplicationDetail.ApplicationId
    WHERE (((DateValue([DecisionIssuedDate])) Between [forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[BeginningDate] And [forms]![Decisions - Enter_Dates].[EndingDate]) AND etc.......

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.