oiliboi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Order of fields in Form View vs. Design View

I have an already existing Access database where the order of fields in Form View is different from Design View. I am not sure how this was done.

I am creating a similar database and I want to do the same thing. However, when I rearrange the fields in Form View, it doesn't save these changes. It goes back to the same order as it is in the Design View.

How can I change the order of the fields in Form View without changing the order of the fields in Design View? (I don't want to edit the fields order in Design View for various reasons.)

**I am using the Contact Management Access Database template**

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Do you mean order as in the position of the field on the form or how the cursor moves to each field say when hitting the tab key? When you open the form, is it in Datasheet view?

oiliboi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I mean the order as in the position of the fields on the form. When I open the form it is on Form View (I tried repositioning the fields in Layout View thinking it might work but it did not) - I am not sure what is Datasheet View (isn't it only for Tables)?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Is there any code in the OnOpen of that form that sets specific positions of fields? Look in the Events tab. If you create a new form, add a table and put some fields on the form, do they stay where you put them or not? Maybe do screenshot of the form in Design and then in Form view and post as a PDF so we can see.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.